[Zope-dev] Zope installer (build_sandbox)

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Sun, 18 May 2003 22:25:41 -0300

PieterB wrote:
>>Im a bit of a newbie with all this Makefile thing, so, if you find any
>>problem... well, you probably know enough to fix it :)
>
> Me, too. I didn't get it to work on FreeBSD, may be later this week...
>
> Some remarks:
>
> - The README mentions using ./autogen.sh. The file is not included,
>   and I didn't needed it (I think).

Oh, right. My fault. I used autogen.sh, but when I did 'make distcheck'
it includes the result of autogen.sh, but not autogen.sh itself.

> - The current build requires AutoMake 1.4. Shouldn't we use Automake
>   1.5? (anybody knows the difference). Unfortuately, I can't get
>   the Makefile to do anything usefull at this moment.

Dunno. AFAIK, 1.4 is the most common version (at least in Debian).

> - Change the name "NZO Configuration" to "Zope Installer v0.1".
>   I think we should ship the NZO configuration as profile.zope.org.default
>   (other profiles, e.g. profile.plone.org.default or
>   profile.demo.plone.org.default or profile.zope3.default or
>   profile.zope27-python23.default, etc.)

Thats what I had in mind.

> - The 'make menuconfig' even works on FreeBSD 4.8 (I didn't expect that ;)

Kewl indeed, but not as surprising as it seems. It only needs a C
compiler and ncurses after all.

> - I made an alternative config.in that creates a different profile.user
>   see my files http://www.gewis.nl/~pieterb/zope/build_sandbox/
>   I changed the CONFIG_INSTALL_PRODUCT to CONFIG_PRODUCT_INSTALL, and
>   have tried to make a good hierarchy.

Looks very nice, and its exactly what Im trying to achieve.

> - How do I get access to the Collective CVS? (my SF-id is pieterb)

Just added you there. And guess what: your #70! I never thought the
collective would get so big!

--
Sidnei da Silva
sidnei@x3ng.com