[Zope-dev] ZopeSandBox and zope-error

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leo@hiper.com.br
19 May 2003 03:01:50 -0300

On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 08:02, Sidnei da Silva wrote:

> [...] I spent the whole day yesterday figuring out a way to use
> kernel's 'make menuconfig' to build custom instances of Zope. I have it
> barely working, and will certainly need help for creating the Makefile
> with the output of 'make menuconfig' (which is a file with some
> variables set, like 'CONFIG_ZOPE_26=y'). Ill put it in CVS later today,
> and lets see how far we go.

I sugest you also take a look at CML2:
http://catb.org/~esr/cml2/

IIRC it's written entirely in python, whereas CML1 (which is what ESR
calls the original kernel configuration system) might have some tcl/tk
dependencies (I think it's only for the "make xconfig" module) along
with the C dependencies you mentioned.

Besides, we all know how long we've been meaning to have an Adventure
front end to Zope configuration :-)

http://lwn.net/2001/0621/a/kernel-adventure.php3