[Zope-dev] Re: [ZC] 382/ 2 Reject "500 error incompatible with MSIE"

Lennart Regebro lennart at regebro.nu
Wed Nov 5 05:28:07 EST 2003

Gregory Dudek wrote:
> Is there no way to provide a workaround or option akin to my patch for
> those who want to support those non-compliant browsers.

Well, you can patch your instance so that all 500 errors is made into
something else. I wouldn't recommend it though.

> Not doing anything will assure future people like me plenty
 > of pain and frustration.  Arguably, returning a 500 error with
 > an authentication request is questionable,

I agree with that, and I can't see any reason to do that. The standard
way of displaying a login page is to send "302 Moved Temporarily" and
redirect to the login page. The login page is displayed with a 200 OK.