[Zope-dev] Very fast requests beating ZODB commits...

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue Oct 14 08:09:12 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 07:31, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 02:25 pm, Richard Jones wrote:
> > 1. request comes in which modifies ZODB
> > 2. code handling request replies with REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect()
> > 3. redirected page uses data input at step 1 (specifically, it's auth info)
> >    but that info hasn't been committed yet, so we get errors
>
> Ehem. Operator error (confusion) ... nothing to see, move along.

Its funny nonetheless that you should report such a thing:  we have a
customer who reports similar issues in a bit of their CMS, where a popup
submits its form (in Javascript) and then refreshes its parent window;
if the commit takes long enough (e.g., it hits a conflict), the parent
can end up showing the "old" data after the refresh.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com