[Zope-dev] Re: manage_workspace changes

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Mon Oct 20 03:22:29 EDT 2003

Hi!

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Due to a bug in the the condition, however, it redirected for all
> methods unless they started with a "/" (reported as a bug in the
> Zope mailing list).
> I fixed the condition (patch to collector 1058).
>
> Unfortunately, returning "getattr(self,method)(self,REQUEST)"
> requires the method to be DTML like and breaks if this is not the
> case.
>
> I now think it is best to *always" use the redirect and never
> return the method. My code now looks like:
[...]

Thanks! I don't have the time to look into the details.

Meanwhile Andreas also stumbled over this issue (with different
symptoms, see
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.plone.user/8507> ) and
reverted the manage_workspace changes in CVS.

Don't know
- if someone checks in your new patch soon (I guess there should be
unittests that catch the broken use cases so any future checkins are
checked against these use cases.)
- if collector #1058 should be reopened
- if Zope is currently more broken than before because parts of your
patch are still in CVS

Cheers,
	Yuppie