[Zope-dev] cvs.zope.org down

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Thu Oct 23 05:57:30 EDT 2003

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> This morning we noticed some odd activity on cvs.zope.org that
> looked like someone had broken into the machine.
> The collector.zope.org web site, which was served from the same
> machine, will probably end up being integrated into www.zope.org
> tomorrow and cease to exist as a separate Zope instance.

I'd like to make a request.  If evidence reveals that
{cvs,collector}.zope.org *was* compromised, then would ZC kindly
consider making all 'security' bugs in the collector public?
The reasoning being that there is little point behind hiding potential
security problems from the zope community if the blackhat community
has already obtained the details.  That said, any status on getting
the collector back up?

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/