[Zope-dev] Failure on make instance

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred at zope.com
Mon Oct 27 09:38:12 EST 2003

Sidnei da Silva writes:
 > I just cvs'upped zope from the 2.7 branch, make clean; make; make
 > instance; and it failed with:
 >
 > running install_data
 > error: can't copy 'zdaemon/component.xml': no matching files
 > make: *** [install] Error 1
 >
 > Looks like a file is missing, or some script wasn't updated.

Sigh.

I was looking over this problem this morning when our automated tests
screamed foul, and I couldn't reproduce it.  ;-(

Of course, once your mail arrived, it was a lot easier t fix for some
reason(!).  When I'd applied the patch from the trunk, I'd applied,
tested, and committed; what I didn't do was "cvs add" the new files on
the 2.7 branch!

Sorry for the resulting autotest spewage.  The files have now been
added on the branch, so the testers should be happier.  And it should
actually work for you.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>