[Zope-dev] Zope 2.6+ pyton 2.3 ? and "Bad Call" on zope 2.6.2/python 2.1.3 with profiling turned on.

Romain Slootmaekers romain at zzict.com
Thu Oct 30 02:47:01 EST 2003

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Romain Slootmaekers wrote at 2003-10-29 11:28 +0100:
>  > I have an elaborate piece of python code that works fine, but with
>  > profiling turned on, it barfs a "Bad Call" message.
>  >
>  > When google-ing for a solution, the only thing I could find was a
>  >
>  > http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-bugs-list/2003-June/018510.html
>  >
>  > There's a follow up stating it's "already fixed",
>  > and does not occur in  Python 2.2.x and beyond.
>
> I think the bug report is from me.
>
> I do not believe the followup ("does not occur in Python 2.2.x").
> While I analysed the problem with Python 2.1.3 (and therefore reported
> it as an 2.1.3 bug), I am almost sure (not completely) that
> my colleague hit the problem with Python 2.2 in the first place
> (which triggered my analysis).
> Thus, watch out for the same behaviour in Python 2.2.
>
> I think I added a followup with a workaround to the bug report.

No you did not, but the problem was prpbably not that sever:
apparantly, from what I understand from your bug report, you get a
"Exception Bad call ... ignored"

In my particular case, that exception is not "...ignored", but cascades
upwards, to the top level.

> Should the problem come back with Python 2.2 or Python 2.3
> and you do not find the patch in Python's bug tracker, come
> back. I can send you the patch in this case.

So you have a patch ?

Romain Slootmaekers.