[Zope-dev] Zope doesn't know enough mime types.

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred at zope.com
Thu Oct 30 11:50:23 EST 2003

I wrote:
 > Adding some configuration to Zope to identify additional mime.types
 > files to load may be a good idea, and should not be too difficult.

I've done this on the Zope 2 head; I don't know if it should be ported
to the Zope 2.7 branch.

Zope's configuration file can now have an additional key,
"mime-types", which specifies an additional file of MIME type
associations to filename extensions.  The key may be given more than
once if desired.

The MIME type associations are specified in the same way as in
Apache's mime.types file.  Each line in the file may be blank, a
comment starting with "#", or a type association:

foo/bar  ext
foo/bat
foo/baz  ext1 ext2 ext3

  -Fred