[Zope-dev] New-style ExtensionClass

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Oct 30 13:06:25 EST 2003

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>See:
>>
>>  Packages3/Interface in CVS
>>
>>If you put this ahead of the Zope 2 Interface package in
>>your Python path, then you can use Zope 3 interfaces with Zope 2.
>

> That's great news!
>
> Is it the intention that this will be the default Interface package
> in Zope 2.8 then,

Or 2.9.

 > or is there a reason to keep on supporting the old
> interface package?

It's a matter of time.  We may not have time to replace
the interface package for 2.8.

Then again, I'm sure we could find volunteers to help with that.

Jim

P.S.  It sure would be great to get 2.7 out. :)
       If anyone can help with that (who isn't already helping,
       of course), please get with Brian Lloyd.