[Zope-dev] help w/ LocalFS

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 10 00:10:31 EDT 2003

Roberto Benitez wrote at 2003-9-6 16:49 -0700:
 > I am trying to use LocalFS to access a directory in my
 > linux server (zope running on same suse linux server)
 >
 > i am able to see the directory listing, but when i try
 > to access any file i get the following error message

 > The object at ../../5741.RPT has an empty or missing
 > docstring. Objects must have a docstring to be
 > published.

What object type do you see in the directory listing
(I am not sure, that you can see the type there)?
Your files might be mapped to a somewhat broken object.

If this does not reveal easily the cause of your problem,
I would start debugging.

On

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

you find a small module ("Interactive debugging support")
that lets you build the publishing environment in
an interactive interpreter. Build a request and
traverse to your object. Hopefully, you will get the same
error which you can now analyse with the "pm" (post mortem)
function of "pdb" (the Python debugger).

Dieter