[Zope-dev] Communication between Zserver and ZPublisher

Alexander Schad ags at beehive-eu.com
Mon Sep 15 08:39:37 EDT 2003

At 13:17 15.09.2003 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
>Alexander Schad wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>I'd like to understand how the communication between the ZServer and the ZODB
>>works. As far as i know the ZServer (Web server) talks to the ZPublisher
>>(ORB)
>>to get the Requested Object. But do they communicate via tcpip sockets or
>>unix sockets?
>
>Neither, AFAIK.
>
>>I have a problem with hanging connections (for more than 10000s) on the debug
>>screen in zopes control panel and when all connections are jammed zope
>>freezes.
>
>You using relational databases at all?

Yes an oracle DB and i'm using an external session service to store and
retrieve
session data using the httplib.

>What do the hung threads say they're doing on the debug info panel?

for example:
    * Connections:
    * Fri Sep 12 10:28:09 2003 (11650.65s) ({'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING':
'gzip,deflate,compress;q=0.9', 'SERVER_PORT': '8888', 'PATH_TRANSLATED': ...

thanx,
                 Alex

>cheers,
>
>Chris

Alexander G. Schad      (Project Manager)       beehive KG