[Zope-dev] AW: [Summary] Caching prob with AHCM and headers

Fred Yankowski fred at ontosys.com
Wed Sep 17 19:10:34 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 06:25:47PM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
> I have wanted to add a binding to the TALES namespace to allow access to
> the "skin object" for some time:  the current values in the namespace
> are:
>
>     'content' -- the skin object's aq_parent

That definition matches the reality, but in CachingPolicyManager.py
in a comment it has this:

            'content' -- the content object itself

which I took at face value for far too long.

> I think we should be adding in another binding, perhaps 'skinned' for
> the skin object, which would allow you to filter on its metatype in your
> predicate.

I would like that.

> I typically want to have skin images, as well as javascript and CSS
> files, cached for much longer than rendered content views. YMMV.

That makes sense.  Is there a way to do that with the CMF 1.4
version of the "CPM"?  One could, I suppose, test the names of the
FSDV folders in CPM predicates, but that seems a royal PITA.  That's
why I'm making do with one-size-fits-all CPM policy for now.

--
Fred Yankowski      fred at ontosys.com           tel: +1.630.879.1312
OntoSys, Inc	    PGP keyID: 7B449345        fax: +1.630.879.1370