[Zope-dev] More Beginner doubts

Emiliano Marmonti emarmonti at siu.edu.ar
Wed Sep 17 21:51:01 EDT 2003

Thanks Andrew, I'll try it.
Now I'm testing inside Zope and everything looks well, except for:

             self.cat.addIndex('id','FieldIndex' )
             self.cat.addIndex('name' ,'FieldIndex' )
             self.cat.addIndex('observaciones','FieldIndex' )
             get_transaction().commit()

Zope is telling me that from this version (2.6) I could not addIndex
here, must be done outside(where?), in the Application (that I haven't).
My problem is that I create the catalog inside the class

class Authors:

    def  __init__:
        if self.root.has_key( 'cat' ):
             self.cat= self.root['cat']
        else:
             self.cat        = Catalog()
             self.cat.aq_parent= self.root
             self.root['cat']= self.cat

            ### Here come the index

I could not imagine where (and how) could make the indexes. I have seen
a lot of documentation that makes references to addIndex...

Thanks a lot again
Emiliano.