[Zope-dev] Caching Policy Manager (Was: Caching prob with AHCM and headers)

seb bacon seb at jamkit.com
Thu Sep 25 14:32:46 EDT 2003

Andy McKay wrote:
> This thread and an application for a client has meant i've started to
> formulate a replacement for Caching Policy Manager. From the way I see
> it all the functionality in CPM (Vary etc) should be rolled into AHCM.

+1

What about the "don't cache the following hostnames" knob for the use
case I outlined previously, which enables you to circumvent caching
(useful for site editors, for example)?

I think adding an extra virtual host is a very natural way to ensure
fresh content as it is guaranteed to have a unique key in upstream caches.

seb

--

    [] j a m k i t
      web solutions for charities