[Zope-dev] Reasons for the current API reference docs implementation?

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 06:50:49 EDT 2004

Paul Winkler wrote:
>> I'm not
>>sure that exposing the docstrings of the classes themselves would be
>>much better than the current situation,
>
> well, it would arguably make it marginally more likely that the api
> reference is updated when the code is updated.

Indeed. I think using interfaces and docstrings would be good, as twisted does:
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/index.html
http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/api/twisted.application.service.Service.html

Who knows, it might even result in some docstrings getting updated :-)

At worst, it'll mean that people don't have to update 3 sets of (what should be)
identical documentation, as is currently the case...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk