[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Zope and zope

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Apr 14 11:06:37 EDT 2004

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Give the responses. I need to recast my question as a selection
> among alternatives. But, before I do that, we will need to consider
> alternatives a bit more.

OK, here's another.

What about renaming the Zope 3 zope package to "z".

- It fits with the expansion of "Zope":
   "Z Object Publishing Environment".

- It's short :)

- *At this time* (but after the move to svn), it's not too hard to make
   a change like this for Zope 3. Backward compatibility is not a big
   issue. This will change when X3.0 is released, which is why I'm
   bothering to deal with this now.

- This was suggested a couple of years ago when coming up with the
   Zope 3 package layout.

Examples (from the buddydemo example):

   import z.interface
   from z.app import zapi
   from z.app.event import publish
   from z.app.event.objectevent import ObjectModifiedEvent

Jim