[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Zope and zope

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Apr 14 15:47:48 EDT 2004

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:06:37AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>What about renaming the Zope 3 zope package to "z".
>>
>>Examples (from the buddydemo example):
>>
>>  import z.interface
>>  from z.app import zapi
>>  from z.app.event import publish
>>  from z.app.event.objectevent import ObjectModifiedEvent
>

> -1 for purely aesthetic reasons (IOW, I'm used to zope.something).

Is this really just a matter of what you're used to? If you didn't have
lots of experience typing "zope", would typing "z" instead really bother
you?

I actually like the z by itself.  Perhaps because it
echos the "circle z".  I think I also like it because it seems to add
less noise to the import lines.

For example, I think I actually prefer:

   import z.interface
   from z.app import zapi
   from z.app.event import publish
   from z.app.event.objectevent import ObjectModifiedEvent

to:

   import zope.interface
   from zope.app import zapi
   from zope.app.event import publish
   from zope.app.event.objectevent import ObjectModifiedEvent

Jim