[Zope-dev] ZPT in Zope Products

Wyatt Anderson wyatt95 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 14 16:17:51 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I am trying to use ZPT within a Zope Product I am trying to build.
I want to test the container type I am addding to to determine what
action to take.  The following though

from Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile import PageTemplateFile

def manage_addMyContainerForm(self, REQUEST):
      pt = None
if self.meta_type in ['ContainerType1', 'ContainerType2']:
            pt = PageTemplateFile('zpt/addMyContainerForm', globals())
      else:
            pt = PageTemplateFile('zpt/containerError', globals())
      return pt.pt_render()

This produces the following traceback in Zope:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module Products.MyContainer.MyContainer, line 17, in
manage_addMyContainerForm
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 90, in pt_render
   - <PageTemplateFile at containerError>
  Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile, line 73, in
pt_getContext
TypeError: 'str' object is not callable

I've checked out the code in PageTemplate.py and PageTemplateFile.py and
can't
figure out what is going on.  The line in question is

      root = self.getPhysicalRoot()

Is it possibly some security thing?  My class is
setDefaultAccess('allow') for now.
I've also tried simply

      return pt

with no traceback but without the desired results as the object is
returned.

Thanks in advance,
Wyatt