[Zope-dev] Re: More arguments for "z" (was Re: [Zope3-dev] Zope and zope)

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Wed Apr 14 20:49:03 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 03:53:43PM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
| Other reasons I like "z":
|
| - Less noise in imports
|
| - Echos the "circle z"
|
| - The packages in "z" can be used for more than just Zope
|
| - Emphasizes the more "minimalist" nature of Zope 3 relative
|   to Zope 2
|
| - "z" is a component of "zope"
|
| OK, I'm getting carried away. Sorry ;)

None of these sound like a strong argument. I dont buy it. +1 for
renaming Zope to zope2. +0.9 for philiKON idea of putting zope into src/zope.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

Modeling paged and segmented memories is tricky business.
		-- P.J. Denning