[Zope-dev] Re: class methods in Persistent objects

Christian Heimes heimes at faho.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Apr 16 08:09:27 EDT 2004

Syver Enstad wrote:
> Is it possible to have class methods on ZODB Persistent objects? I am
> using 3.2 so that means I am using ExtensionClass.
>
> I guess that moving to 3.3 would mean being able to use class methods?
> What is the expected time that the 3.3 release will be ready for
> production use?

I dunno what you are meaning with class methods - maybe static methods
or nwe style classes - but in general:

You cannot use any new style class related stuff in persistent classes
until zope 2.8 with new style extension class. So don't use any vars
that contain python 2.2/2.3 stuff except of True and False.

Christian