[Zope-dev] zLOG is dead

Lennart Regebro regebro at nuxeo.com
Tue Apr 20 10:33:00 EDT 2004

From: "Chris Withers" <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
> This discussion smells like that string should be computed from
introspection.

> Why can't it be computed from introspecting whatever code called the log
method?

Well, first of all, how? __name__ should always be available, but that is
the name of the file that you are in. That's not what you want to log. And
most seem to prefer using Zope.MailHost instead of Products.MailHost to
notify that it's a part of the standard Zope distro, which won't be
possible.

And then again you might want to override it for many different reasons.

__name__ could be the default, though, I guess.