Zope Book, was Re: [Zope-dev] The bleak Future of Zope?

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Wed Apr 21 10:56:53 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 21 April 2004 10:18, Peter Sabaini wrote:
> > The situation is even more obvious with the Zope book. All the community
> > has to do is to give a particular part/chapter/section to a couple of
> > people for maintenance. But oh wait, that would need someone to manage
> > this effort and *that* would be just too much work.
>
> Hmph, as one of the people that works on the Zope Book I feel a little
> stung by a comment like this one. While its true that a 2.7 Edition of
> the Zope book is overdue, I still think that the 2.6 Edition was both
> quite a step forward and still largely applicable for 2.7 Zopes

I was really addressing the people who just sit idle. I know from experience
that the few who do something always get their beating... I did not mean to
do that at all.

But since people are complaining about the quality of the book, it must not
have enough volunteers.

> That being said, I wonder if there are people interested to make an
> effort for a 2.7 Edition of the Zope book?

Probably: A lot of people want it, few people want to help.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter