[Zope-dev] Re: The bleak Future of Zope?!

Martin Kretschmar kretschmar at infoman.de
Wed Apr 21 11:25:38 EDT 2004

Hello,

> Jim,
>
> we native german speakers tend to be much more direct
> and phrase dings more bluntly the you americans do.
> In german I read Maik's statement as a strong opinion
> but never as an insult.
>
> Since I am the one who asked Mike to speak up I would
> feel bad if it created any bad feelings.
>
> Robert

Robert is 100% right! Mikes oppion contains no real
insults at all, not even really bad phrases, at least
not in the original german version. German insults look
quite different, and we tend to recognize them when we
read them.

In this sense I was somewhat careless in my instant
translation and I want to apologize for it.

Martin