Zope Book, was Re: [Zope-dev] The bleak Future of Zope?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Apr 21 11:28:44 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 04:18:17PM +0200, Peter Sabaini wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> >On Wednesday 21 April 2004 03:58, Martin Kretschmar wrote:
>
>  -- snip --
>
> >2. Maik is is frustrated with the releases of both Zope 2 and Zope 3,
> >including their merging.
>
>  -- snip --
>
> >The situation is even more obvious with the Zope book. All the community
> >has to do is to give a particular part/chapter/section to a couple of
> >people for maintenance. But oh wait, that would need someone to manage
> >this effort and *that* would be just too much work.
>
>  -- snip --
>
> Hmph, as one of the people that works on the Zope Book I feel a little
> stung by a comment like this one.

Same here. Put up or shut up, whiners.

Chris McDonough put a lot of time into editing and
coordinating the 2.6 edition. If he hadn't put out a formal
call for contributors, and organized the whole thing,
it wouldn't have happened at all. I don't hear anybody volunteering
to take over that job.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com