[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] RE: [ZODB-Dev] Subversion repository layout

Kapil Thangavelu hazmat at objectrealms.net
Tue Apr 27 17:43:30 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 10:27, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Kapil Thangavelu wrote:
>
> > sigh.. debating over what the book says isn't very productive.  my
> > conclusions at the end of my previous email, namely that what this
> > layout will accomplish for the zopeorg repository in terms of avoiding
> > renames of checkouts will likely be fairly limited in pratice, still win
> > me out against deviating from the standard layouts.
>
> I tried to understand this sentence a few, but I don't get it yet.
>
> So, are you saying you think we *shouldn't* use a custom layout and thus
> stick with the 'default' svn layout, or are you saying you think we
> should deviate from the default svn layout?

i'm saying we should probably stick with the default layout. why?
because the primary benefit of the alternative layout is to avoid having
to do a rename while checking out the trunk of a project, on checking
out from branches or tags, this is required anyways. and in my
experience most of the checkouts will likely be on release branches, and
tags anyways. iotw. its of little benefit considering the disadvantages
of moving from the default layout.

cheers,

-kapil