[Zope-dev] [Collector] Strange reject policy

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Apr 30 11:54:58 EDT 2004

I got a reject message for "http://collector.zope.org/Zope/444"
with the comment:

   ZClasses are not being actively maintained, so unless you provide a patch,
   it is not likely to be fixed.

I see this as a strange reject policy.

In my view, bug reports in the collector should only be rejected
when they are not bugs or when they can not longer occur.
We want that people with strange effects look into the collector
to find out whether this is a known problem, don't we?
Rejected bug reports are much more difficult to find than
open ones.

In this case, the issue reports a true bug which pose a potential
security risk because a permission mapping unexpectedly has no effect.

I do not argue that this bug needs a fix but the report should at least
be easily found.

--
Dieter