[Zope-dev] Referencial Integrity in ZCatalogs

Santi Camps scamps at earcon.com
Mon Aug 2 10:03:24 EDT 2004

En/na Russ Ferriday ha escrit:

> Take a look at archetypes on Plone.org, and download a version from
> sf.net.
> Look in particular at the ReferenceEngine, based on the catalog, and
> note that there have been implementation changes, and there's a new
> beta version.
> Ben Saller and Kapil Thangavelu were part of the team responsible for
> Archetypes.
> --r.

Um, this seems something more what I'm looking for.  I can see that
ReferenceEngine and Referenceable implements some referential at object
level.  I was thinking about to do it at catalog level, maintaining a
paralelism with a referential model, where catalog = table.   But making
an implementation like Archetypes one is another good option, of course.

Unfortunately, I don't use CMF in my application.   I use a structure of
frames to work, and also a lot of javascript and DHTML, translatable
javascript content, etc.  Working this way is easy don't use CMF that
accommodate to it.

Thanks for the info

Santi Camps