[Zope-dev] Problems with session on ZEO

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Aug 4 08:37:28 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 03:34, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have some problems with our tempstorage on out ZEO client.
>
> We are running 6 zope Frontend server and one ZEO server. Serving
> Both main and temp storage.
>
> I runs well for some days. But than it stops working an reports the
> following error
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 101, in publish
>   Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
>   Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 39, in call_object
>   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
>   Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
>   Module Products.PageTemplates.ZopePageTemplate, line 222, in _exec
>   Module Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplate, line 96, in pt_render
>    - <ZopePageTemplate at /TUM_Portal/login_form>
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 189, in __call__
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 218, in interpret
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 233, in interpret
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 670, in do_useMacro
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 233, in interpret
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 693, in do_defineSlot
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 233, in interpret
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 636, in do_condition
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 233, in interpret
>   Module TAL.TALInterpreter, line 483, in do_insertText_tal
>   Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 227, in evaluateText
>   Module Products.PageTemplates.TALES, line 221, in evaluate
>   Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 47, in __call__
>    - __traceback_info__: here.REQUEST.SESSION.set('callerURL', here.REQUEST.HTTP_REFERER)
>   Module Python expression "here.REQUEST.SESSION.set('callerURL', here.REQUEST.HTTP_REFERER)", line 1, in <expression>
>   Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1218, in __getattr__
>   Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1178, in get
>   Module Products.Sessions.SessionDataManager, line 94, in getSessionData
>   Module Products.Sessions.SessionDataManager, line 183, in _getSessionDataObject
> SystemError: error return without exception set

Wow!  You appear to be the first person to get this symptom who does not
use Plone.  This is a great data point.  This error is being tracked at
http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/1401 .  There is no solution currently,
we need volunteers to help reproduce and/or debug it.

> Restarting the zeo server and one frontend fixes the problem for some
> time.
>
> i am running Zope 2.7.2 and Python 2.3.4
>
> Here is the zeo config

<snip config>

I suspect the fact that you're running sessioning over ZEO doesn't much
matter here as people who are using the default config also get the
error... (which is a good data point in itself).

- C