[Zope-dev] permission management behaviour

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Dec 1 10:58:58 EST 2004

bTurtle ZOpe wrote at 2004-11-30 16:37 +0100:
>Can someone explain why this is so? or what I am doing wrong.

I did not understand what you are trying to achieve.

Do you want to:

  *  determine the protection of methods by permissions?

     You would use "ClassSecurityInfo" and its "declareProtected"
     for this.

     The Zope Developper Guide would tell you the details.

  *  set the permission to role mapping?

     Look how the ZMI does it.

     The relevant methods are in "AccessControl.Role".

  *  something else?

--
Dieter