[Zope-dev] SOAP Support for ZOPE

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Wed Dec 15 03:28:29 EST 2004

Richard Jones wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 06:54 am, Aruna Kathiria wrote:
>
>>I did some work regarding SOAP support on ZOPE and published this
>>document on zope.org.
>

> Is there really no interest in getting SOAP support into the Zope core?
>
> I've got a guy working on some Microsoft Word stuff at the moment, and he was
> dumbfounded when he discovered that Zope doesn't support SOAP. In his words,
> "everyone supports SOAP". Sigh :)
>
> Are there any objections to getting Aruna's patches into the 2.8 codebase? I'd
> be willing to do the work - but note I know practically nothing about SOAP -
> I just want to be able to use it.

I would like to have SOAP support in the Zope core (both z2 and z3). We
are probably going to be forced to interface with Java based SOAP
enabled software next year, and I for one would feel more comfortable
being able to say that Zope supports SOAP out of the box... think
"important selling point".

/dario

"...and click? damn, I need to kill -9 Word again..." - b using macosx