[Zope-dev] 2.7 and 2.8 roadmap

Tim Hicks tim at sitefusion.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 07:27:14 EST 2004

Hi,

just wondering what the plans are for zope 2.7 and 2.8.  Specifically:

1) When is the recent release of 2.7.4b2 expected to be followed up with a
'final' (or indeed another beta) release?

2) I have seen mutterings about a 2.7.5 release, but I'm not sure why this
should be necessary as I thought all 'dot releases' were only supposed to
provide bug-fixes.  Seeing as we're still on beta for 2.7.4, shouldn't any
outstanding fixes go into that?

3) Are there plans for another 2.8 (alpha or beta) release in the near
future?  Is there a timeline for this?  Are ZC or anyone else hanging out
for this?  Personally, I'm pretty keen to be able to persist new style
classes (for use with the email.Message.Message class).  The wiki at
<http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/Zope2.8/FrontPage> seems a
little out of date.

Just interested.

cheers,