[Zope-dev] Zope 2.7.0 rc2 + python 2.3.3 problem

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Mon Feb 2 13:44:38 EST 2004

I should have copied zope-dev, sorry.

-------- Original Message --------
To: zope-coders at zope.org

I'm having a weird failure here using Zope 2.7.0 rc2 and python 2.3.3
(Debian). When I execute a python script with the code:

  foo = range(1.0)

I get this:
  Error Type:  TypeError
  Error Value: unsubscriptable object
  Traceback (innermost last):
     * Module warnings, line 57, in warn
     * Module warnings, line 63, in warn_explicit
Instead of the expected:
  DeprecationWarning: integer argument expected, got float

I don't know if it's python's fault or Zope's... But I guess python
assumes too much about something as it fails in its standard libraries.

If i use the code
   for i in range(1.0):
      pass
The traceback is a bit longer:

Error Type:  TypeError
Error Value: unsubscriptable object
Traceback (innermost last):
     * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
     * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 306, in __call__
     * Module Shared.DC.Scripts.Bindings, line 343, in _bindAndExec
     * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 318, in _exec
     * Module None, line 1, in testbug
       <PythonScript at /testbug>
       Line 1
     * Module AccessControl.ZopeGuards, line 210, in next
     * Module warnings, line 57, in warn
     * Module warnings, line 63, in warn_explicit

TypeError: unsubscriptable object

Florent

+33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg at nuxeo.com