[Zope-dev] Minor windows intaller bug and a question

Sergey Volobuev zope at phpv.khv.ru
Wed Feb 4 08:55:02 EST 2004

Hi all,

Installing 2.7.0rc2 windows zope installer, i noticed that it uses
hard-coded value for instance directory. The proposed value is
"C:\Zope-Instance". However, some users (me :) don't have C: drive. For
some reasons windows choose G: letter for boot drive and (unlike
not-boot drives) this letter can't be changed. Most installers
autodetect this situation but Zope installer not.

And now the question: I want to make customized Zope installer. I.e. i
want to include some products, data in ZODB, etc. so i can give single
exe file to my customer, he will install it and get ready-to-work site
figurally in one click. Something like Plone installer did. So, are
there some guidelines how it can be done (howtos, docs, scripts, etc)?
Unfortunately, my expirience in making installers is limited to
InstallShield usage in mid 90th :(