[Zope-dev] TypeErrors during 'make test'

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Fri Feb 13 15:02:14 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 14:38, Evan Simpson wrote:
> I'm getting several TypeErrors when I run 'make test' on the HEAD.  Each
> of them involves a call to cAccessControl's 'validate' with 'roles' set
> to a PermissionRole instance, complaining that it's not iterable.
>
> Any ideas?

These tests have been failing for weeks.

I'm not sure what the actual cause of the failure is.  The symption is
that validate() is being passed a single PermissionRole object as its
roles argument.  validate() expects roles to be a sequence and fails
with a TypeError "iterable argument expected" when it sees the
PermissionRole.

What isn't clear to me is if the argument should be a Python sequence
that contains a PermissionRole or if it should be an imPermissionsRole,
which is a sequence.  I don't understand the code well enough to know
which of these is more likely.

Jeremy