[Zope-dev] Re: Where to put Zope 3 in Zope 2

Christian Heimes heimes at faho.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jan 10 02:36:51 EST 2004

> I want to make the zope.interface (Zope 3 Interfaces) package
> available on the Zope 2 head (aka Zope 2.8).  I propose to add
> lib/python/zope3 as a container for zope 3 packages. This new
> directory will be added to the path used by Zope 2.

+1

I was thinking about to write a feature request for this issue about a
week ago.

I have to request concerning the interface package:

* Could you also update the interface package of zope 2.7 or is it to
late? I would like to see it in zope 2.7 but I understand that it might
break some software.

* Could you please provide a standalone interface package with a
distutil installer so other programs and tools could make use of the
interfaces without installing zope.

Christian