[Zope-dev] 2.7 management_page_charset cannot be callable anymore

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Fri Jan 16 04:00:54 EST 2004

As the originator of management_page_charset, I should have jumped into this
thread earlier. My appologies for my late arrival.

On Thursday 15 January 2004 17:22, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> it assumes the only place
> management_page_charset can be coming from is a property, which is
> not true.

Ive missed the use case that needs this.

management_page_charset was added as a transition aid for people who already
had sites where their use of the management interface assumed something other
than latin-1 was used for plain string properties. That is, a transition
towards using unicode objects for storing all natural language strings.

I wouldnt like to see management_page_charset grow into something bigger than
this - its too ugly.

> Considering the amount of rewriting necessary to make this saner and the
> scariness of doing that just before a Zope 2.7 release, I'll skip it
> and live with my Formulator hack solution.

Can you point me to a desicription of this hack please.

--
Toby Dickenson