[Zope-dev] Re: CVS: Releases/Zope/lib/python/ZEO - simul.py:1.12.8.2.18.18

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Fri Jan 16 16:53:02 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 13:58, Tres Seaver wrote:
> This is a result of some funny repository fiddling, which somehow got
> both 'ZEO' and 'BDBStorage' onto the 'Zope-2_6-branch'.  I would like to
> remove the branch tag altogether, as neither module is part of the 2.6
> release.

The branch tag is used for making releases for both ZODB and Zope
releases.  We decided to use the same branch so that we didn't have to
port bug fixes to so many different branches.

One downside of that merge, which we didn't realized until after it was
done, is that you now get a ZEO directory in a Zope checkout on the 2.6
branch.  I think there was email about the discovery at the time, and I
noticed that Brian did not include ZEO in the 2.6.3 releases; so I
assume he's got some mechanism to suppress it from the actual release.

I'd write this down somewhere more permanent if anyone can suggest a
good place.

Jeremy