[Zope-dev] CVS Head: "Error Value: iterable argument required" when adding objects

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Sat Jan 17 17:22:11 EST 2004

Jeremy Hylton wrote:
> I committed a patch with the umask option a few days ago.  I thought it
> only affected zdaemon and the tests all looked clean afterwards.  I'm
> not sure how zopectl.py ends up being affected or why there aren't any
> tests of it.  The various scripts to start and stop programs are usually
> hard to test, but they're usually the source of a lot of bugs, too.

Speaking as a sysadmin I'd like to suggest that the zope daemons make
no efforts to frob thier assigned umasks in any way.  Thats generally
something the sysadmin will take care of during the startup scripts,
and to have daemons change it after the fact because they think they
know "better" causes no end of frustration.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle