[Zope-dev] CVS Head: "Error Value: iterable argument required" when adding objects

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Jan 20 13:17:09 EST 2004

Jeremy Hylton wrote at 2004-1-19 09:31 -0500:
>On Sun, 2004-01-18 at 16:02, Dieter Maurer wrote:
>> That's not what the "zdaemon" documentation (as distributed with
>> Zope 2.7b3) says:
>
>Where is that documentation?  I'm not able to find it.

"ZConfig" configured packages often have documentation
in "schema.xml" and "component.xml" files.

The mentioned documentation is in "zdaemon/component.xml".
It reads:
    <key name="daemon" datatype="boolean"
         required="no"
         default="false">
      <description>
        Command-line option: -d or --daemon.

        If this option is true, zdrun.py runs in the background as a
        true daemon.  It forks an child process which becomes the
        subprocess manager, while the parent exits (making the shell
        that started it believe it is done).  The child process also
        does the following:

        - if the directory option is set, change into that directory

        - redirect stdin, stdout and stderr to /dev/null

        - call setsid() so it becomes a session leader

        - call umask(022)
      </description>
    </key>

Dieter