[Zope-dev] Different code layout for "Persistence" between various Zope versions was: RE: [Zope] Can not import PersistentMapping)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Jan 25 17:45:19 EST 2004

Sean wrote at 2004-1-24 11:12 -0500:
>Looking at the ZOPE 2.6.2 Source on the Windows machine, I see code for
>modules: Persistence.PersistentMapping, and Persistence.PersistentList
>
>On Linux, the Zope 2.6.1 Source has a Persistence Directory with nothing in
>it. The __init__.py file says:
>
>     ...While obviously there is nothing in this module,
>     the correct names are inserted by the __init__.py
>     in ZODB, jumpstarting the process."""
>
>Actually, the __init__.py file on the windows machine says the same thing,
>but there ARE in fact source files in the directory for both the
>PersistentMapping and PersistentList modules - as well as some ".c" and ".h"
>files - as follows:
>
>    cPickleCache.c
>    cPersistence.c
>    cPersistence.h
>    PersistentList.py
>    PersistentMapping.py
>
>Would these be differences between the two versions of Zope, or are the
>classes not properly setup on the Linux box, and once they are, I could
>expect to see the source files that I see on the Windows box?
>
>Or, perhaps the way these classes were being implemented was changing
>between the two releases, and I should just upgrade both machines to 2.6.4
>which is listed as the current stable release, or 2.7.0rc1.
>
>Recommendations?

I know nothing about Windows :-)

I think, I read somewhere that "PersistentMapping" and "PersistentList"
should be moved out from "ZODB" to "Persistence" -- but only for Zope 2.8.
I would be surprised when the Windows installation were the place
where such things start...

I moved your question to "mailto:zope-dev at zope.org" where
there are probably more people which can answer it.

--
Dieter