[Zope-dev] Re: Call for testing (2.6.4 / 2.7.0)

yuppie y.2004_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jan 29 06:51:14 EST 2004

Hi!

Casey Duncan wrote:
> These tests seem pretty naive. I don't thing user objects promise to
> compare to one another in any way. Looks to me like the tests should be
> changed to something like:
>
> self.failUnless(f.getOwner() is ownership)

That's not the problem. I had a closer look at this:

Before the Owned API was changed getOwner() did return the wrapped user,
now it returns the unwrapped user. If I replace getOwner() by the new
getWrappedOwner() all tests pass.

I'm not sure what this line in getOwner() means:

<code>
     return aq_base(self.getWrappedOwner()) # ugh, backward compat.
</code>

Looks like backward compatibility code that breaks backward compatibility.

Cheers,
	Yuppie