[Zope-dev] Re: Call for testing (2.6.4 / 2.7.0)

Brian Lloyd brian at zope.com
Thu Jan 29 16:44:57 EST 2004

> Before the Owned API was changed getOwner() did return the wrapped user,
> now it returns the unwrapped user. If I replace getOwner() by the new
> getWrappedOwner() all tests pass.
>
> I'm not sure what this line in getOwner() means:
>
> <code>
>      return aq_base(self.getWrappedOwner()) # ugh, backward compat.
> </code>
>
> Looks like backward compatibility code that breaks backward compatibility.

I think that's right. I checked in changes to all 3 branches
that reverts the getOwner call to its original implementation
(plus a deprecation warning for a case we want to get away
from). I'm still tracking down what I hope is one final issue
for rc2, but you should be able to update now and your original
tests should pass.

Brian Lloyd        brian at zope.com
V.P. Engineering   540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com