[Zope-dev] AccessControl Problems on Mac OSX

Terry Kerr terry at bizarsoftware.com.au
Thu Jul 8 01:12:13 EDT 2004

Hi,

I seem to be having problems relating to AccessControl on MacOSX.  I have
a python product which I previously ran in Zope2.4.3/Python 2.1.3 and have
upgraded it to run in Zope2.7.1/Python2.3.3.  It runs fine on Linux and
FreeBSD, however I get this traceback with some actions within the product
on Mac OSX 10.1

  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 201, in __call__

  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 189, in _eval

  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 145, in _eval
__traceback_info__: shopper

  Module Products.PageTemplates.Expressions, line 340, in restrictedTraverse
__traceback_info__: {'path': ['name'], 'TraversalRequestNameStack': []}

SystemError: NULL result without error in PyObject_Call

I narrowed this down to a guarded_getattr() problem in the AccessControl
module.  One thing I notice is that there is a C and a Python
implementation of the access control stuff.

If I explicitly set name='PYTHON' at the beginning of
AccessControl/Implementation.py::setImplementation(), my product works
fine, so I gather the problem is related to the C implementation.

Has anyone experienced any similar problems on MacOSX?

I notice this related issue in the zope collector, but it was rejected?
http://zope.org/Collectors/Zope/232

Should I add another issue to the collector?

terry