[Zope-dev] zope 2.7.1 on xp profesional

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 13:16:08 EDT 2004

[Chris Johnson]
> I get this error on running runzope installed on xp profesional ibm
> thinkpad.
>
> Any idea what is happening ?
>
> cj
>

> C:\Zope-Instance\bin>runzope.bat>c:\zopeError.txt
> C:\Program Files\Zope-2.7.1\bin\lib\fcntl.py:7: DeprecationWarning: the FCNTL module is deprecated; please use fcntl

You're in trouble there already.  There shouldn't be a module named

     fcntl.py

in your installation.  There *should* be a module named

     FCNTL.py

instead.  The case is important.  Here from a fresh 2.7.1 installation
on Windows:

C:\Program Files\Zope-2.7.1\bin\Lib>dir/b fc*
FCNTL.py
FCNTL.pyc

C:\Program Files\Zope-2.7.1\bin\Lib>

That's correct.

Can't guess how you got into this trouble.  Unlikely:  if you have an
environment variable named PYTHONCASEOK, get rid of it.