[Zope-dev] Troubles with hotfix20040714

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 16:23:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:48:00 -0700 (PDT), C. Olmsted
<cliffo at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Not sure if this is quite the correct list to post to, but I'm having
> trouble with Hotfix20040714.  We're running zope 2.7, plone 2.0.3, and
> zwiki 0.32.0.

Can you test with the 2.7.2 release candidate?  This very much sounds
similar, but all occurances of TAL_VERSION in the Zope 2.7.0 and 2.7.1
sources are corrected in the 20040714 hotfix.  The only ways I can
think of to trigger this problem with the hotfix installed is to
import compile templates containing macros before the hotfix is loaded
during product initialization (reasonably possible), or for someone
else to import TAL_VERSION before the hotfix is loaded and generate
TAL bytecode themselves (highly unlikely!).

It would be interesting to know if the macros are from a
PageTemplateFile instance.

  -Fred