[Zope-dev] ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for... Memory problem?

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Jul 23 14:45:00 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 13:18, Russ Ferriday wrote:
> On 23 Jul 2004, at 17:00, Chris McDonough wrote:
>
>         Thanks a lot for the confirmation!
>
> A pint from me the next time I see you. And Tim!
>
> The next item is this message - I see many - and need to restart
> theinstance that's spewing them:
> 2004-07-23T08:21:07 INFO(0) ZEC:1-None-1 load: bad record for
> oid0000000000001c8c at position 2082264 in cac
> he file 1
>
> This problem also occurs after a few hours.
>
> Is this caused because I'm on a MP box, with two clients, sharing
> thesame directory for cache files??

No, I think it's a real bug in ZEO, introduced by this checkin:

<http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/ZEO/Attic/ClientCache.py.diff?r1=1.47.4.1&r2=1.47.4.2&only_with_tag=Zope-2_7-branch>

... but to my surprise, it's also fixed by the next checkin! which
appears to have been included in Zope 2.7.2:

<http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/ZEO/Attic/ClientCache.py.diff?r1=1.47.4.2&r2=1.47.4.3&only_with_tag=Zope-2_7-branch>

So the easiest "fix" is probably to upgrade to Zope 2.7.2.

There really wouldn't have been any way to know this unless you had your
eyes peeled on the checkins list because the CHANGES.txt just says:

    - ZEO/ClientStorage: fixed check for temporary cache files (patch
       by Dieter Maurer)

... which is uselessly vague.

HTH,

- C