[Zope-dev] ERROR(200) ZODB Couldn't load state for... Memory problem?

Russ Ferriday russf at topia.com
Mon Jul 26 03:42:36 EDT 2004

This thread's not over 'til the fat lady sings.

OK, so apologies first:

Paul Winkler's comment in this thread was nearer the mark than Tres
Seavers. clienthome is not relevant to where caches are created, and of
course I need zeo-client-home.

Problem is now that zeo-client-home seems not to have the intended
effect.
I set zeo-client-home to zeo1, in my first conf file and restart, but
never see any cache files of that name.
I traced as far as the parse handler zeo_client_home. It's invoked with
the correct value. But it stuffs the value into the env, and I can't
see any other reference to ZEO_CLIENT pulling it back out of there
again.
Working up the stack trace from ClientCache.py, where the files are
created (*-None-*), my client value is always None, but there's a gap
in the middle that I did not bridge, around BaseConfig and ZeoConfig.

Has anyone been successful naming cache files? I'm on OSX Panther 10.3.

--r.

I've traced through to the zeo_client_name handler, and see the name of