[Zope-dev] Re: status of Zope versus zope?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Jun 4 12:31:29 EDT 2004

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> I chose alternative 4 from:
>>
>> http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/RenameTheZopePackage
>>
>> As that seemed to be the most popular, although I personnally prefer
>> 3.
>>
>>> Resolving this peacefully is becoming more urgent for me as I'd
>>> like to be able to use Five (Zope 3 on Zope 2) on Windows
>>> eventually.
>>
>>> Is there some workaround?
>>
>> Sure, put "zope" in a different directory.
>
> I don't understand what this means. A different directly on the python
> path?

I would recommend leaving old Zope2 stuff in lib/python and putting all
Z3-related stuff in a parallel directory called 'src'. That way you can
run a whole Zope3 checkout in parallel to Zope2. Telling Zope2 about the
extra python-path shouldn't be a problem through ZConfig (there's a
directive).

Philipp