[Zope-dev] zope-dev list policies

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 21:24:07 EDT 2004

Over on the zope and zope-dev lists, there's currently agitation to make
them members-only mailing lists.  The point is that spam could not get thru
then (unless posted by a member).

What would zodb-dev members like?

Posting by a list member would not be affected, unless you attempted to send
a message from an email account other than one you subscribed with.  In the
latter case, your message would be bounced back to you.

You could worm around that by subscribing to zodb-dev with that address too,
then going to your list membership page on the web and checking the box to
suspend email delivery on that account.  Then you could post using that
account too, but wouldn't also get zodb-dev email on that account.

I'm the list admin for zodb-dev, and don't have a preference.  If you do,
and it's strong enough to scream it, shout.  The loudest screamer will win
<wink>.  By default, I won't change the current policy (anyone can post
here, member or not).